Sunday 30 March 2008

Change of weather, change of direction

One week after a snowbound Easter and I've been cutting the grass in a tee-shirt. It really does feel like Spring and I feel refreshed and ready for my last day as an Aviva employee. I'll be in and out with as much time as it takes to hand over my id pass and the keys to the cupboard where I've stored a collection of kit I've collected from other members of the escape committee.


I know I've made the right decision to leave but I was not looking forward to the last month and Friday afternoon was pretty awful. I didn't think such practical things as logging off the e-mail system for the last time would seem so significant but I was pretty choked while I was doing that and I'm glad there was nobody about looking for a chat as I wasn't in a fit state for the routine "what are you doing this weekend?" conversation, however well meaning.


Tomorrow will be different. I've got a tarte au citron to make, fish to buy and jobs to apply for so with the emotion out of the way I can dash into the building, conclude the formalities and crack on with the rest of my life.



1 comment:

Isi said...

Hi Mike, Good to hear you are enjoying the weather - apart from this morning (wet, wet, rain) this looks to be a perfect week to start living the good life! It's very quiet here without you... be good to keep in contact, and I would also like to say OI where's the latest blog, just because you have time on your hands do you think you can slack off and deprive us all of news?!!
I've lost your email address (and the memory is non existant since the progeny!) but if you want to contact me, it's my name with a . between at the old place or if you have sight of the one I signed up with, that'll do to.
Good luck